Video Poker was commercially introduced in the 70s however, the quality of the games was not up to the mark then. The Game was firmly established with the evolution of Draw Poker in 1979 by SIRCOMA, an International Game Technology.
Later, when people realized the user friendliness and fast pace of Poker Machines, it became more prominent in casinos, both Online and Offline. Nowadays, you can find Video Poker Machines with much lower Ticket Price and better odds.
Playing Video Poker
To play the game, insert a Coin or Coded Paper Ticket into the machine and place a Bet using the DEAL button. For Online Video Poker, you must use your credit to Place a Bet.
The game begins with 5 Cards and players are given the opportunity to exchange one or more cards from the same virtual deck. After the draw, the machine matches your cards with winning combinations and accordingly pays out.
Some Poker Machines also offer Progressive Jackpot Games and Exclusive Bonuses that encourages players to use more Coins or Tickets and play frequently.
Types of Video Poker
You will find many variants of the game at Casino Websites. Starting with Deuces Wild or Joker’s Wild; to Multi-Play Poker where players can start with a base hand, and each additional hand is drawn from a different set of cards.
There are special games without Wild Cards, where a Jackpot can be won with a rare four-of-a-kind hand. Obviously, for such a Royal Flush with the highest payout, a player might have to play thousands of hands.
- Jacks or Better: Typically called as “Draw Poker”, this is the most played video poker where one can win with a pair of jacks. Here, usually the Full House gives you 9 times of the Bet and Flush pays 6 times the Bet.
- Tens or Better: Strategically similar to Jacks or Better, this game has a quite different Full House and Flush Payoffs. The minimum paying hand is Pair of 10s instead of Jacks.
- Deuces Wild: An alteration of Video Poker in which all 2s are wild and can be substituted for other cards in the deck to form better hands.
- Joker’s Wild: As the name describes, Jokers are added to the deck and substituted to make stronger hands. The inclusion of a Wild Joker creates another winning hand as “5 of a Kind”.
- Bally’s All-American: An alteration of Jacks or Better with highest returns; this is a rare Strategic Video Poker Game, although there are fewer players because the game strategy is very intricate and mastered by few.
Top Sites to Play Video Poker
The internet is full of Bingo and Casino web sites that offer Video Poker as Side Game to their players. Usually, all these sites have same games or slightly altered ones. TheBingoOnline.com approves 888 Poker, William Hill, Bet 365, Sky Poker, Party Poker and Titan Bet Poker as best platforms to play your favorite Video Poker Games.
Video Poker are rapid games with huge monetary prizes; also, it gives you a fair chance to win the game. However, gaming sites keep on changing their offers and promotions with time and we highly recommend our readers to keep checking the recent reviews of such websites in order to know what is new and fresh.