Bingo is all time hit in the gaming as well the gambling history and has won hearts all over the globe and is considered as one of the most loved gambling games. Starting from Italy, Bingo is now played in almost all parts of the world.
History of Bingo
No one knows the exact date when this game came into existence. Here is the little information about Bingo as per historical records:
- Bingo started in Italy in 1530 and was known as Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia. The concept of the game was the same like a lottery game.
- In 1770 the game was accepted in France with a different name and concept which became popular amongst rich Frenchmen.
- Germany accepted this game in 1800 but the concept of Germans was to teach children about maths and history.
Although the game got started long ago but its fame didn’t reach other countries.
The name Bingo
- In 1920 the Bingo became popular in the US which was then known as “Beano”. People came to know about this game in a carnival in Georgia but they had no idea about this game. As the time passed the game became popular in carnivals and shows and kept on winning hearts worldwide.
- One day a businessman named Edwin S. Lowe participated in the game and heard someone shouting “Bingo” irrespective of its real name which marked the usage of the name Bingo rather than Beano.
However, it is claimed that the word Bingo was used in Great Britain during 1770 which is way before Lowe claimed the name Bingo.
How did Bingo gain popularity in the US?
- It was the idea of Mr Lowe that he took the help of a mathematician at Columbian University in order to improve the combination of the numbers.
- The game was introduced in New York and the popularity saw arise when one of the priests asked Lowe’s help to raise fund for the church. In 1934 the game became 10,000 times popular in the US.
Types of Bingos
- U-Pick’Em bingo
- Bonanza bingo
- Quick shot bingo
- Horse racing bingo
- Table Bingo
- Electronic Bingo
- Facebook Bingo
Few famous Bingo Terminology
- Breaking the bubble
- Jumping the gun
- Wild Numbers
- False Alarm
The above terminologies are just a few of the various terminologies used while playing bingo. For example, False Alarm term is used when the person calls it a Bingo mistakenly. This can be because of using the wrong number. This error is also called social error.
Famous Bingo Websites in the US
When the game was started as Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia no one knew that this game would be as popular amongst people as the game was meant to be for the Italian or French rich personnel. But thanks to Lowe whose innovation lead to the present day’s Bingo.