Responsible gambling is one of our main focuses at TheBingoOnline.com and we take all steps and precautions to ensure that every player has a safe, secure and responsible experience.
We stress the importance of member safety and will always ensure a secure environment for all players. With this Responsible Gambling game, one can learn what we do to help players avoid any possible dangers pertaining to gambling online and there are also some useful external links that can offer assistance to those with gambling problems.
At our site, one will find many reviews of leading bingo sites and we make sure that every mentioned site offers a secure environment and Responsible Gambling safety measures. We take the time to review the procedures in place and will only promote sites that meet our Responsible Gambling standards.
Signs of Problem Gambling
Gambling can be a fun thing for many players, but there is always a risk and addiction is a possibility for anyone that engages in real money gambling. To prevent any problems, it is essential to be aware of the signs of gambling addiction. Here are some of the signs that one should watch for as these may indicate gambling actions have been taken a bit too far:
- Overspending and spending more time gambling than one can actually afford
- Having a difficulty stopping gambling
- Engaging in arguments with family members or friends regarding gambling
- The loss of interest in hobbies and passions
- Inability to think of anything but gambling
- Lying about gambling activities or hiding gambling from people
- Chasing losses at casinos
- Gambling past a set budget and depleting resources
- Selling personal items, borrowing money or avoiding paying necessary bills to have the money to gamble
- Having the need to gamble with excessive amounts of money to get enjoyment
- Having feelings of anxiousness, guilt or depression
- Putting off work, home or school responsibilities to gamble
How to Prevent Gambling Problems
- Schedule a Break – Any player that feels they are gambling too much should be able to make the decision to take a break from gambling activities for a short period of time. In some cases, rearranging daily schedules to limit the free time for gambling can be useful.
- Have a Set Budget and Adhere to it – Having a budget is the key to being a successful gambler and this can help one avoid overspending. Always set aside an amount that one can afford to lose and only gamble with those funds. There are many gambling sites that will allow members to set deposit limits, so this can help players adhere to a budget.
- Pay Attention to Losses, Not Just Wins – Many players will gladly talk about their wins, but they quickly forget about the many losses that led to that win. Those that have a developing gambling problem.
- Become Educated on Problem Gambling – The more information a player has and the more aware they are of the signs of problem gambling, the less risk. It is also beneficial to use self-help options that can be found online.
- Find a New Hobby and New Interests – If gambling is taking up too much time and is a problem, try to focus on a new activity and develop new hobbies that will prevent thoughts about gambling.
- Make Use of Self-Exclusion Options – Every gambling site will provide the chance for players to self-exclude themselves. This will place a temporary lock on an account and will not allow members to access any real money games during the exclusion period. The Customer Support team at the site can help with setting up these exclusion periods and can also provide more information on how to get help with problem gambling.
Prevention of Underage Gambling
Within the United Kingdom, the law states that one must be of the age of 18 to engage in gambling activities. To prevent access to sites by minors, most gambling sites will have age verification checks I place. Prior to withdrawing funds from gambling sites, players will also have to go through a verification process.
When new members create an account at a gambling site, it is important for them to enter accurate information to avoid any issues regarding underage gambling Any minor found to be lying about their age to gain access to real money games will be prohibited from the site and may face legal actions.
It is also possible for parents to play a role in the prevention of underage gambling. Various Internet Service Providers will allow parental controls to be set, where parents can block access to certain sites. This is a great way to prevent anyone under the age of 18 from gambling illegally.
Support Groups for Gamblers
Since gambling problems are a major issue, there are many self-help sites online that can offer advice and assistance. A simple search will yield many results and there are also trusted groups that are highly recommended for those that need help with their gambling. These include:
BeGambleAware – Here, one can find self-help advice and will also be able to receive counselling on gambling addictions and problems.
GamCare – GamCare has a variety of contact options for any player that is seeking help confidentially. There are Self-Assessment tools as well so players can determine how severe their problem really is.
The Senet Group – This is a respected group that promotes responsible gambling and gambling standards in the online gambling industry. Players who have complaints about site practices can receive assistance here.
Helpful Resources and Links
If players have serious gambling problems, there are other ways to get help. The key to remaining in control is to recognize the signs of problem gambling and know where to receive assistance when needed. There are some links and numbers that can help players learn more about problem gambling and even the side effects that can come into play: